Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Intruiging nature : +2300 salamander shots

HWALL

Reaction score
I've finally decided to bundl my images and setup a somewhat structured website where you can drill down to shots per species. I still need to upload quite some shots , but currently you'll find 2400 shots over approx 120 species (among other more tinier critters ;-)

Hopefully you can enjoy the work, money & effort we've put into it and I do hope to add more work alter on (currently adding the local insects )

Articles are also available for free download , but for these you will first need to log in and create a user profile. I'm still trying out to work a little with the website and it's functionalities too ... looking in how I can make it more apetising too ;-)

http://intruigingnature.photodeck.com/

Feel free to let me knowwhat you think about it ;-)

FrogEyes

Reaction score
Nice site Henk. Adding it to my bookmarks. I may even sign up for the sake of my insatiable appetite for pdfs!

Two edits I can see right off:
"Hynobidae" should be "Hynobiidae"
and
"Arachnidae - Spiders" is incorrect in a couple of ways: It should either be "Arachnida" or "Araneae". The former is not a family [-idae suffix], but a class [-ida or -ia suffix] which includes but is not limited to spiders ["arachnids"]. The latter is an order which includes only spiders.

HWALL

Reaction score
Hai thanks for the remarks, have changed all of it.
As a hynobid enthousiast I should have seen the Hynobiidae myself ( damn... ) and for some reason I don't really know ( age ?) I always seem to mix up where Hemidactylium should sit.

I hope to among others toadd the Batrachoseps shots I made in on my CA trip later, you can see and follow what I add under the 'constructing the database' map . Som more days from here and I might make some new shots on our endemic species ( alpestris en vulgaris)

So thanks for the constructive remarks , it's appriciated ;-)

FrogEyes

Reaction score
I figured that apart from the arachnids, the issues were simple errors. It's always my pleasure to be of some help to someone as notable as yourself.

HWALL

Reaction score
Just added the Batrachoseps en Ensatina schots I made om my CA trip (in 2006) . Will sort them out by (sub)species later ... enjoy. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!