Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

FYI: Axolotl Calendar On Sale & Competition Winners Announced!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It gives me great pleasure to announce the winners of the 2011 Caudata.org Axolotl Calendar Competition. The winning images were chosen by the forum moderators. This is the first time we’ve attempted an axolotl calendar so thank you to all who took part and we look forward to making this an annual event. Thank you also to John for putting the calendar together.

Congratulations to the winners!

• January – Michael Shrom
  • February - Meredyth Bennetts
  • March - Martin Brødholt
  • April - Charlie Dafforn
  • May - Hannah Kristal
  • June - James Gifford
  • July – Neo Richards
  • August – Lisa Hammersley
  • September – Charlie Dafforn
  • October – Shannon Bushrod
  • November – Leana Nordstrom
  • December - Meredyth Bennetts

The calendar is now on sale at the axolotl store: Caudata.org Axolotl Oversized Wall Calendar > Axolotl Store : Axolotl.org Store

Shizeric

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Excellent!

Guess what present everyone left on my list is getting for Christmas!

Edit:

Will there be an option for a regular sized calendar as well?

Last edited:

dragonlady

Reaction score
I just want to thank the moderators who had a very difficult task put before them to narrow all these beautiful pics down to so few! :D Special thanks to Mark for coordinating this too!

Congats to all the other winners - I can't wait to have one of these hanging on my wall! :D

Last edited:

Hayden

Reaction score
Congratulations everyone! It looks beautiful.

lisordactyl

Reaction score
It's excellent! All the pictures are lovely. I've been waiting for this as it's on my Christmas list and I've just made an order :)

MereB

Reaction score
:eek: WOW it's come up so well!!! It looks amazing! Congratulations to all the winners. Thank you SO much for organising and putting it all together for us.

hehe Let the hint dropping begin, I wonder if Hubby will get the hint :rolleyes:

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I've found men are equipped with a trait that allows them to be completely oblivious to hints.

Norcinu

Reaction score
FFFFFFFFFFFFFYEEEAH! I got in! Twice! Everyone must like my fat axolotl :rolleyes: So I'm guessing we don't get free calenders, huh?

MereB

Reaction score
I've found men are equipped with a trait that allows them to be completely oblivious to hints.
HAHA Yeah I've noticed that ;) My hints are not that subtle anymore as a result :lol:

Congratulations Charlie :) x2

I was a little surprised to see 2 of mine in there as well :D so proud of my little supermodels.

lisordactyl

Reaction score
Just replying to let you know that I've received the calendar I ordered last week. It's massive and excellent quality. The pictures are even more beautiful on paper :)

Excellent work! This will certainly make a difference to the usual calendars with kittens, puppies, ducklings etc. that I get given for Christmas :D

dragonlady

Reaction score
How do I get my axolotl's gills to look like October's???

Osiris says thanks for the compliment! :D

I believe it's a combination of oxygenation, water flow, diet, and genetics. Others may have different opinions...There are many beautiful axolotls out here. :D

MereB

Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!