Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Advice please

Nutmuffin

Reaction score
Hi need some advice please.
Mushu is tubbed waiting on cycle to complete. She's been dping really well but about a week ago went off food. She was floating a little so i assumed constipated. But she as messed sinced. She is taking cut up worms but is spitting most back out. .... i had worms from a different place but it is a company i habe quite a few people reccomened so i assume its not that. ..... today changing water i cant decide if she's got some white marks on her.... 1st time owner so im worried it may be infection. Would really appreciate some advice.

Attachments

• 20181113_162929.jpg
    20181113_162929.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 20181111_194317.jpg
    20181111_194317.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 124

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Has she been pooping okay? What temperature is the water in the tub, and is it being changed 100% every day?
Very beautiful axolotl, by the way! I didn't notice any marks on her other than pigmentation, so it doesn't look to be infection to me.

Nutmuffin

Reaction score
Hi ty for reply. She/he is beautiful, found a very experienced breeder.
She hadn't pooped but as been little bits aince the weekend. Think i'm probably dping new owner panicking. Especially when i couldnt tell if there were white bits or markings.
100% water changes with seacham prime. And her temps are going between 15-17ish
Thanks for taking a look.��

Giuseppe

Reaction score
How is she doing now? What kind of worms are they? If theyre red wigglers they secrete a bitter taste that some axolotl hate, so if everything else seems normal and she's pooping fine that could be an explanation for spitting up food? She's so gorgeous!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1