ACF or ADF in 5 gallon tank

ntny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
ntny
Hi guys

can i keep a ACF or a pair of ACF in a 5gallon tank?
if not can i keep a trio of ADF in a 5gallon tank?

i actaully prefer a ACF cos they larger and are easier to takecare...?
i read ADF dies easily...

whats the temp range for them?
do they need as low as newts 18-21 degrees?

thanks

hi guys

can you advice me?

some more questions,
does ACF/ADF needs a driftwood like newts to climb?
or i can just a use a few plastic plants for hiding purposes.

thanks and have a nice day.

Acf need 10 gallons each. Adf would be better of in a 10 gall tank as its easier to cycle and maintain water quality than a 5 gall tank

hi nai live,

thanks for advice on the tank size.
1) what temp does these frogs need?
2) do they need a driftwood or plastic plants are good enuff for hiding?

i think i will just keep a single ACF in a 10 gallon tank. i prefer larger ones...lolx

cheers!

hi guys

i bought 3 small 1incher albino ACF today. i am not sure if they are males or females though....2 are bigger and fatter, 1 is slimer. but not too sure about the sex. i will give 1 ACF to me friend who ask me to buy 1 for him this weekend. i just wanted a pair.

now they are staying in my 1.5ft 10gallon tank with a small 5 watts 200L/hr filter hookup to my chiller. water temp i set to 20-24 degrees.is this Temp too LOW?

i just feed them frozen blood worms and they are so greedy. but i hope to switch them to hikari goldfish sinking pallets. i read too much blood worms will cause bloat?

they are very very active aquatic frogs!
i was thinking to remove the BIG driftwood to allow more swimming space.
i do have some plastic plants in the tank for cover and hiding. i read they do not use any LANDAREA so the dfitwood is useless to them.
do you think i should remove the driftwood to create more swimming space?

thanks alot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back