Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

T. marm having a bad shed

cso

Reaction score
My T. marm has been having a bad shed for a bout 2 days now. It's about 1 year old. It's never had any issues before. Should I just leave it be or help it out somehow?

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How could you help it? I think the amount of touching involved to help a shed would be harmful to the animal.

cso

Reaction score
I just wasn't sure if there was anyways to help. I'll just leave it to sort it out?

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
How are you keeping it? Why do you think it is having shedding problems? It is probably a husbandry issue. You should figure out what is causing the problem and address it.

cso

Reaction score
I'm keeping it aquatically with plenty land area but it spends most of it's time in the water. Ammonia and nitrites are 0 ppm and nitrates below 5 ppm.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
It is hard to say what is causing the problem. I know that forcing them to stay aquatic can cause skin problems. To high humidity can cause problems if kept on land. If the problem persists I would treat with Furan 2.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!