Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How to know if Green Tree Frog is using the water bowl?

carlcaruana

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to hear some ''tricks'' to know if my green tree frog is using his water bowl or not just to know if he's using it or not. Please tell me how do you know that you green trees use the water bowl. Thanks and reply please! :happy:

EasternNewtLove

Reaction score
Watch him? Look for droppings in it? Thats really the only way you could KNOW for sure I'd think. Or set up a camera to film him 24/7 but that might not be possible XD

Molch

Reaction score
or you could lay a zone of soil or sand around the bowl, or pile some sand on the edge of the bowl (if it has an edge). He would have to walk through that and would track some into the water? Unless, of course, he hops in....

nwmnnaturalist

Reaction score
Another idea is to make a raised platform for the water dish, if you feel they may not be using it. My little Gray Tree Frog tends to stick to the leaves and rarely comes down, so I try and spritz the leaves to make sure he gets the water he needs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!