Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

S.s.gigliolii adult size

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about this subspecies and i´ve had a surprising lack of luck finding info on their adult size (well, info in general, and i´ve been looking since the gods know when...). I´m prone to imagine a particular size, that turns out to be completely wrong in reality, so i thought i´d ask directly and get some reliable data.
I´m hugely interested in this subspecies and have been looking for some CB ones for ages with no luck (either too late or too poor...). I´m trying to prepare myself in the off chance of getting some one day by accumulating specific info, so if any of those who keep them can share the total sizes of their adults (Male/female comparison would be interesting), i would be thankful.
Cheers!

Endemico

Reaction score
Hi Azhael.
I have a document of Lanza..the description of this subspecie with the lenght.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, thanx, i´d be thankful if you could send me the paper.

Endemico

Reaction score
Yes! No problem pm me your email address!
It's a very interesting paper.

Patrick

benw

Reaction score
My largest adult female is about 250mm long if that helps

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Blimey O_O
See? i always get it wrong xD I thought they were a bit over the size of a bernardezi.

Would you be so kind as to tell me the sizes of your other animals? I´d like to make an average idea.

Thank you very much, both of you :)

benw

Reaction score
The female alfredschmidti pictured is 150mm long, which is the same size, maybe unsurprisingly, as my female bernadezi

Attachments

• S s alfredschmidti( female).jpg
    S s alfredschmidti( female).jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,440

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, i meant the other giglioliis.

Gorgeous alfredschmidti!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1