Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Spotting on N. strauchii

L

leonard

Does the yellow spotting on N. strauchii increase with age or does it stay the same as when young?

S

sergé

Yes, they do increase especially on Neurergus strauchii strauchii (as juveniles they have more or less two rows of spots, as adults more and more spots appaer). In N. s. barani it only increases very little (two rows of spots stay more or less dominant) and they stay overal less spotted.

H

henk

And in Neurergus crocatus this is even more pronounced and finally makes up for a very beautifull animal. I first adored the yellow orange strauchii strauchii coloration over the green yellow crocatus spots, but as they mature and get more of these colors and this in contrast with their orange belly makes up for a fantasticly colored species...

H

henk

Yes I do but they are still old fashioned slides... I will try to scan in some but not immediatelly... shortage of time currently and ... I do need to bring over at least some undisplayed material at IAD too, after IAD I will put them up incl. one a pregnant female N. crocatus. hope you understand a bit

M

mark

Henk, i understand, looking forward to seeing your photos.
Thanks, Mark

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!