The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

Old 5th March 2016   #1
Nemesea
(Nemesea)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Nemesea has shown reliable knowledge
Default Rehoming a Snapping Turtle

Hi everyone
a mate of mine has been given a snapping turtle (we believe) (she thought she was getting a musk), but all she has is a standard size tank which i had given her a bit back, which is nowhere near big enough for him/her and and cant give the turtle back as the ones who gave it her has moved and she has asked all of the local aquatic shops and they dont want it, with so she's looking to rehome him/her to some1 who knows how to care for it and has a suitable tank for it, she's has a few enquiries but when she's said its the turtle only and no tank they have backed out as she does not want to send the turtle with the tank incase they just keep him/her in it as that would defeat the object of rehoming the turtle, the turtle is quite big and is over 20cm long including its tail its about the size of a dinner plate (i have a 3-4ft tank which i dont think is big enough for it)
if anyone can help rehome this snapper please let me know

(i will not be available from tuesday for two weeks due to going to spain for my mums funeral but i said i would ask for her so i am)

the snapper is in the barnsley UK

also if any1 has any info on how to care for it while trying to rehome it i think would be greatful

Old 5th March 2016   #2
natterjack

Nationality:
Rep: natterjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rehoming a Snapping Turtle

could you post a picture or two of it please. If it can be confirmed which species it is it may be easier to rehome

natterjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016   #3
Nemesea
(Nemesea)

Nationality:

i will get a photo tomorrow if its possible and will post it but pleases understand things are hectic at the moment so may take a bit of time

Old 17th November 2016   #4
Nemesea
(Nemesea)

Nationality:

hi everyone sorry for not getting back to you all about the snapper (i ended up in ICU in Spain and have been recovering since) i have rang a reptile rescue centre and they have said no where will take a snapper... and my mate is moving house and said shes going to leave it so i have said i would take it and get it re homed so it will be in mine when shes moved as i was told the only option for it would be to look after it which i know i can only do for so long, or to get it rehomed or to the vets for putting to sleep which i dont want
and i will get pics ASAP

Old 17th November 2016   #5
Nemesea
(Nemesea)

Nationality:

hi again, i know these pictures are not the best but when my mate has moved and its here in our house i will try and get better pictures of its face and mouth and i will do a size comparison with a coin and i will try and get it measured with a tape but i cannot promise an accurate measurement
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20161117_001.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	48743   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20161117_002.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	48744   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20161117_003.jpg
Views:	41