Keeping real water plants alive

They dont eat faeces Aaron. I have never said so.
They will eat algae and extra food as you say and that is what I use them for
frog.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>sam (Unregistered Guest) wrote on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 06:56 :</font>

"Btw, jesper can you tell me the species of your •••• eating snails? may want to get some to help me do some •••• control. Thanx man.

Samuel Lee"
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I guess that depends on your definition of "••••"

~Aaron

Hmmm... then maybe i have misread Jesper's message at the thread titled SNAILS.

well, it's ok now, my other newt has gone into the water already and is feeding quite well though not as well as the other pig. Thanks Jesper and Mark for yer advice anyways, will keep that in mine the next time their land itch kicks up.

Aaron, no poop eating snails but i've seen some common shrimp eating poop before but is it safe to house em with newts?

Oh btw guys, how often do yer newts shed their skin? eversince i bought my newts 3 weeks ago, one of em has shed once while the other twice. all sheddings were intact and promptly eaten. Nothing wrong right?

Thanx.

Samuel Lee

Hey thats what we got insects and bacteria for!!
Well ok it might be somewhat unclear to write <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> - but hey! - there are a bunch of people that are a hell of a lot more unclear around here than that.

To be honest, my snails just slide around and eat whatever comes there way, I have never seen them stop sucking in stuff no matter what they have come across. Never seen them spat something out either, so I would say that they eat <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>. They cant avoid getting some poop in their little naughty mouths
errr.gif
even though I am sure they are not actively looking for it
proud.gif

Ok Jesper, now that we've all cleared that up, could you tell me how often yer P. Waltls shed?

Hehe... sorry for so many questions, thanx in advance... :D

Samuel Lee

I would like to excuse to everyone for using there instead of their, it's a mistake I am willing to commit harikiri for if anyone asks me to
smile9.gif

Well Sam my waltls dont really shed very often, cant say I have ever seen them shed. My pyrrhogasters and my pygmaeus shed every now and then though, I really dont know how often.
About questions: Keep shooting!
proud.gif

Today I found out that I have not had hygrophila polysperma, I have ludwigia repens!!
This is my favourite newt plant since it doesnt demand much light, it grows like weed. It creates a jungle that is really beautiful if u let it float. The upper leafs that get most light develop a deep red that adds to its beauty.
I just bought some hygrophila polysperma now though...

Have u got a photo of the whole aq?
Are u keeping the lawn with scissors or do u have strong flow over them?
How did u get them to grow without having problems with fast growing algae?

Cheers
Jesper

Ill get a photo later today
I am not cutting that bit at all, but it is where there is the greatest current.
There are a few long strands of manky looking algae which pops up in the 'lawn' which i have to pull out. I am hoping that ther neweste algae to appear doesnt take over, its the little whitish grey stuff. I dont even know if thats algae, as it has no green or red colour to it.

AJfr0ggy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back