Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Comments?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's this: if someone gives you reputation and leaves a comment, those are the comments.
No Dawn, the others are correct - it's Gallery Comments.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Ok I think I understand - if I upload a really pretty picture and someone clicks to give me a recommendation from THERE, this becomes a comment?

Abrahm

Reaction score
It's not really for recommendations, just comments. Take a look at this link. Someone posted a photo and below that you can see a reply by Jennewt. That's Jennewt's comment and her comment total went up by one for that. Below that you can post your own reply which it will keep track of the number of those in your profile under comments.

blueberlin

Reaction score
Ok, uhm.... scratch scratch..., so I get a "Comments" rating by commenting on other people's stuff?

blueberlin

Reaction score
Ok, so what is the rating worth? To show how much I have to say about other people's stuff?

Abrahm

Reaction score
It's just like post count except for picture comments. Post count doesn't really tell you anything besides that you push reply or post thread a bunch. It gives people an idea of how active you are in the picture forum. I'm not very active there but John or Mark are really active.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!