Axolotl fell ill. All in red spots

KoNFetKa

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hello Aksiku is almost a year old. 27 cm. Contained in a 100 liter aquarium with 2 ancistrus. Temperature is constantly +18 (rarely reaches 20) Cleaning through the day. (And even every day siphon the bottom of m :)) Water substitution 2 times a week (sometimes less often). Primer fine sand (In the place of feeding it is not) and large stones. Usually our food consisted of fish not fatty, bloodworms and earthworms.
and not what did not hurt.
Problems with nutrition began!
Read that the more they become the less likely to feed ...
but tell me how seldom it is necessary to feed an adult ace? Somewhere they write 2-3 days or once a week ...
Because the third month she refuses fresh fish, which she always ate with pleasure.
Motyl earlier also ate well, and for this month even 1 cube was not eaten ... feeding takes about 1.5 hours ... will eat 3-4 bloodworms with no hunting and that's all the muzzle turns (bloody fresh) I beg and not in what. .. then take the mouth in his mouth and then spit it out ....
Rain does not eat either ...
there is a predilection for fodder for catfish .. it gathers from the bottom and eats as a special food for axolotls but it eats once a week and in very small quantities. And he does not want to eat anything more. Is this normal?
5 days ago I removed the catfish from the aquarium. health problems began. but I do not think that because of them. They lived together on the 1st day of the appearance of Axica. And everything was fine. Considering that I siphon in a day, or even every one. The aquarium is clean.
she does not want to hand ...
Put the bloodworm on the bottom ate 2 -3 pcs and that's it.
And the dry stopped responding ... the water is now stable 18 degrees is 17-16.
Gills 2 days were white ... and sometimes pale pink ...
And 2 days ago I woke up and saw that she was all in red spots (she had a slight reddening of only the tail and everything because of the bloodworm as they write)
And here everything is straight ... and the paws are red ...
Gills brightly acid red such ...
This is because of what can be ?? (of food that day she had a special food for the axes 3 pcs throwed, after 20 minutes she only ate it .... and to the moth from the bottom did not touch) (all that she did not eat cleaned)
and so already the 3rd day. early in the morning it is all red, and in the day it starts to whiten and come back to normal ... the temperature has dropped to 15 degrees. We were advised to add the bark of oak to the aquarium and 2 times a day for 30 minutes to put in a container with chamomile broth (chilled, +/- 15-18 degrees)
But I'm very much afraid that this will not be enough. Advise please what it is possible to make still? I'm very worried about her ....
1.photo where it is red (this happens at night)
2 photos in 2 hours
3 photos when she was healthy.

Attachments

• 20180403_222014.jpg
    20180403_222014.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 20180403_222036.jpg
    20180403_222036.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20180403_221922.jpg
    20180403_221922.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 121
Those look like some nice fatties there :) sad to hear they having problems, what is your water quality like?

Ph
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrates

Do you have something like API Freshwater Master Test Kit that can give you accurate reading. Check water and let us know.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back