Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Should i fridge my axolotl?

BigSalamander

Reaction score
My axolotl is only 3-4 months and he didn't poop for 1 week since i didn't see any poop in his aquarium for the past days. I heard that fridging him should help. Should i fridge him?

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Is he floating or sitting with his backside up?

BigSalamander

Reaction score
He doesn't float or anything, but im still worried for him since i didn't see any poop in his aquarium.

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Okay it is possible that it is pooping and it's either hidden or been broken up by the axolotl. Check under decorations for poop and keep an eye out for little brown specks, they'll look like dirt. My axolotls love swimming through poop so it disintegrates and is very hard to siphon lol
You don't need to fridge at this stage. Keep an eye for a floating backside and loss of interest in food. What temperature is the tank kept at? Post a picture of your axie if you can as well :)

BigSalamander

Reaction score
Thank you for helping me, i was really worried for him. My water temps are usually between 15-20 degrees celsius. Heres a picture of my axie named snowflake :happy:

Attachments

• IMG_1915[390].jpg
    IMG_1915[390].jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 221

Hayleyy

Reaction score
He looks so small! Lovely! The temperature is good. There could be poop hidden amongst the plants, I wouldn't worry right now. Let me know how he goes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!