The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 25th March 2007   #1
paul-mark

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Monkee and Lemon are like three coming up four months old and they are eating bit fat earthworms whole already. I started with them this week and chopped them up into small bits then started to increase the size to see what they could manage. In the end, I just threw in a couple of massive ones and they gulped them down without any problem at all.

Just wondering if this is okay and would like some feedback!

Old 25th March 2007   #2
kapo
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: kapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

If they start spitting them up or you find regurgitated worm - that should be your answer!

kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007   #3
paul-mark

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Thanks!

No regurgitation, no spitting up.

How many adult earthworms should I be feeding them a day? They have the most *humungous* appetite but I do not want to overfeed them and let them get morbidly obese... On asking that question, however, I'm just happy that they're eating! Click the image to open in full size.

Old 25th March 2007   #4
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

One full earthworm per day should be plenty. My adult axies get far less than that, more like half an earthworm every 3 days.

Tags
earthworms

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 10 (Set)

Ariel1223, cjayaxy, Cliff, FrankSar, glennyboy2, KeithLic, MatthewAnopy, Sanjan, wendyatk, Zalth