Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Arthur

Jackie Stone

Reaction score
IMG_2353.jpg

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Cute freckles.
Has Arthur been treated for fungus recently, I can see some small spots on his gills. Also what are your water readings..Ammonia especially , I am a bit worried about the small veins that you can see in the picture . Does he share a tank with anything else?

Jackie Stone

Reaction score
I got them both last weekend from a couple who couldnt keep them any more
I was shocked when I got there that they were sharing a tank with tropical fish and there was a heater in the tank
Straight away we have rehomed the fish to an office nearby who has a large tank of fish
I am gradually reducing the temps before removing the heater so it is not too much of a shock to them
How will I know if there is a fungus and is it serious?I shall start reading up on this now,I have checked the ph which is normal,they are in the same water that they came in but I have done a 1/4 water change and I am taking a water sample to my local aquatic centre tomorrow
I am quite worried now :mad:

Shizeric

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Fungus is usally white and looks "cottony". It's kind of hard to miss if you keep a close eye. Especially the gills, just make sure they look normal and have no abnormal white patches.

gary123

Reaction score
Well done for saving those poor axolotls, and i have every faith in you that you will give them the life they deserve. He is still recovering from the conditions that he was kept in, give him a few weeks, and post anothe picture of him, we will see a diffrent axolotl. Well done

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!