Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Well I've been kinda stupid with t.grans...

M

mary

snip "This vet sounds good, Mary. What antibiotic were you prescribed? Good luck, I hope SHE eats!"endsnip

The drug is fortraz, and he kept her on Gentocin Opthalmic both are applied every 3 days.

Well, the best news is that the evening I updated this post I fed them and she ate like she had never been sick. I was THRILLED! A very good sign.
happy.gif

Take care,
Mary.

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Ceftazidime is a very effective agent for treatment of gram-negative bacterial infections...including many strains of Psuedomonas. It is used as a SQ injection in reptiles (may also be administered IM).

M

mary

Just wanted to let you know that McGooey is doing GREAT! She is wanting food every night, so she's getting food every night. Normally, I feed them every other day. She was battling for McGlop's shed skin last night. She had a good shed herself a couple of days ago. Here are a couple of pics from last night. I need to do alot of work on the tank still, it looks horrible, but I just switched them to a small canister and am growing out small moss walls in the main tanks to line the bottom of the tank with. I am making them all small so I can easily lift them out and syphon underneath them when I do water changes. You can see the swelling or lesion on her lower jaw, probably an injury from my bad force feeding attempts. She's going in for a follow up on Monday so I should know whether that's a permanent war wound, or if it should go away. But I was so happy to see her doing so well and fighting McGlop for his skin that it actually brought tears to my eyes, so I wanted to share.
73385.jpg

73386.jpg

Take care,
Mary.

J

jonathan

that's great news. Really good to see a thread that started off like this one have a happy ending.

J

john

That's a fine looking T.G. I am very glad to hear he is responding. It's good when things work out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1