Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Axie swims.....ALOT!

N

natalie

Hi guys,

I am not really writing out of alarm. But my little axie is a pretty active little fella.
I keep hearing stories that they dont move much and just sit there. Although mine does go off into his chilled out la-la land zone alot, he tends to do a hell of alot of swimming as well!
Its not really to come up for air, its usually swimming about watching me, having a play in the plants and generally acting like a complete turkey. He really reminds me of how a cheeky little puppy would behave.

Anyway, be nice to hear of other peoples stories on here of all the funny little active things your axies do!

Thanks!

Nat :)

A

anne-marie

Aww, you're just showin off!! Yep, I don't get to see mine as often as I used to cos I don't have any littlies to keep checking on. But yeah, they do make me laugh sometimes. I found a three-axy pile up on top of each other the other day, like an acrobat troupe. I think they were hungry!!

J

joan

Natalie, I've found that they are like puppies. They're playful and active when young, but get more lethargic as adults.

A

anne-marie

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it! I guess they're also like people then
lol.gif

N

natalie

hahahaha! Stacks on Axies! hahaha! That's hilarious! Making me tempted to buy another one to keep Chuck amused.

Chucks gotten into the habit of sticking his head between the legs of an ornament in the tank and am never quite sure if he's stuck or not but he seems to like swimming in there hahaha!

What else does he do.......alot of tree sitting. He's like a bloody monkey!

I love him to bits!

A

anne-marie

They are experts at looking like they're stuck. You go in for a closer look, they look at you, then back up. You can almost hear them laughing...

N

natalie

Ok, last night, Chuck was doing alot of floating on the top. Not sure whether or not to worry though. But at times when i got worried i would give him a little push down and he'd still stay still. But then if i pushed him right down he'd start swimming again.

Is that him just being his normal weirdo self or do I have something to be worried about?

L

lisa

Mine do "the big float" every now and again. I suppose some axies do it more than others. Unless they are struggling to keep themselves from floating I try not to worry about it, and assume its just a hang out position.

Z

zoe

My axolotl swims around all the time as well!!!

I'd been told they didn't do it a lot also.

He seems to like "playing musical statues" lol!! I find him posing in unusual positions, to keep himself amused i guess
happy.gif

(Message edited by miss_skelter on June 06, 2005)

Cheezischrist

Reaction score
Ha both of mine are extreme swimmers, plant climbers and floaters, mid or top tank. Unless the television is on . Then they are both in the corner of their sides of the tank watching tv. Its oddly hilarious lol. They are both only about 3 to 4 inches though, so still young. But they eat like pigs, poop like babies, and never look stressed, and my wayer is steady and good quality, so i assume they are just like silly puppies

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!