Newest Additions in Reptile Form

pepper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
pepper
Hello :happy:

Thought you guys might like to look at my newest critters!

On the 25th of this November I got a baby Leopard Gecko!

A little bit of his tail was missing when I got him/her but it's slowly growing back.
He/she doesn't have a name yet, he is only 3 months old so too young to tell the sex.

IMGP0520.jpg

IMGP0523.jpg

And on the 30th I got a pretty big male Crested Gecko! Who is the coolest ever!
He doesn't have a name yet either, I'm trying to think of one....:confused:

newcrestie.jpg

IMGP0539.jpg

Awesome looking geckos. Which morph is the leopard? I have 2 of them myself (standard) and yours looks a lot lighter than mine did at that age. Oh you could always name it nubs but then again when his tail regrew that name wouldn't exactly fit.:rolleyes:

Nice looking animals - the coloration of the leopard is beautiful.
On the crested - I notice his toes on the right hind foot appear damaged. Is this from an aggressive tank mate or maybe incomplete shed?

umm, I think it might just be the picture, his toes look fine, but I'll check later, and maybe snap a picture of them to double check. Oh I think you might be seeing the way their toes stand up when they aren't gripping something, I thought they were hurt too, it looked a little weird, but when he's gripping something they flatten down, but when he's just standing on a flat surface all of his toes do that.

And I'm quite new at Leo's so I'm not sure what morph he is, but I'll figure it out for you :)

I love how cresteds wiggle their butt before leaping. It's so cat-like. Adorable.

Leopards and I, however, we have a long, bloody history (mainly my blood). "Best pet ever" my foot!

Yeah, I think I'm liking the Crested a little more, he is really nice and fun to handle.

The baby Leo is a little more skittish, but I'm hoping he will grow out of it.

Their beautiful, don't have one myself but wouldn't mind one.
:D:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back