FYI: Neat idea to help purify water and stylish :P

i think the biggest part of keeping plants alive is proper lighting. most lights that come with aquariums can't provide proper light for a lot of plants. they sell t5 lighting now w/ bulbs for not too expensive and this will grow almost all plants haha.

but with these plants they can be kept alive with minimal lighting. I just use a "plant" bulb in my light strip and it does the job. but I'd like to invest in a nice lighting fixture once I get a 30-40 gallon.

one thing to keep in mind is that peace lilly/pothos will actually die if it has too much light. I stuck a peace lilly in a fish bowl of water to acclimate it to aquatic conditions for a friends tank, and stuck it out on my balcony. I noticed that in the morning it would look really nice, but by the end of the day it would be wilted. I ended up sticking it inside where it had less light, and it stopped it's wilting.

hm didn't know that, but i guess it makes sense cause these are often sold as indoor house plants.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back