Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from Ontario (Canada)

Setlandon

Reaction score
Hello, I am Lan/ or setlandon. I am a new owner of an axolotl named Digger. This site and a few others linked directly to it have been extraordinarily valuable over the past week. I hadn't planned to get an axolotl- I have adored them since i was in my early teens and saw a wild- type pair on display at the zoo.. I wound up spending most of the trip there watching them and as such had to pick them as my topic for the assignment.

I also tend to scribble stylistic axolotls when writing notes to people I'm familiar with.
which ties back to my now owning an axolotl. My brother asked if i wanted a pet, I immediately said no, then he said "what if its one of those ax things and someone's saying they are gonna release it". I might've ranted on how horrible someone would have to be to even suggest that and when I got home from work the next evening there was a faint whirring noise in my room and an axolotl in a tank.

I had genuinely believed the pet question was in regards to an ongoing cats in our home where he and my other family breed bearded dragons is a nightmare in the making.

All of my info on Digger is third hand, he is three years old, was being fed a diet of only bloodworms which I'm expanding to other foods. The owner abandoned him at an ex-girlfriend's who was terrified of him and my brothers drove several hours away to get him he was in a disposable margarine tub when they arrived. He is leucistic and energetic since expanding his diet. I've been killing trees working out how to make his tank better.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the site! On here, you'll soon find all the info you need to get Digger happy and settled in to his new life. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!