Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Breeder selling leucistic babies as 'white pearl' axolols.

ZombieAxolotl

Reaction score
Re: Breeder selling luescistic babies as 'white pearl' axolols.

i love how they say it's from a PURE albino pairing... but then they can't even clarify that they are Albino carriers.

just not leucistic.. something special.. pearl hahahaha

ebonykrow

Reaction score
Re: Breeder selling luescistic babies as 'white pearl' axolols.

I have reported the listing, although I will be surprised if they do anything about it.

pondweed

Reaction score
The pet-shop I wrote about in my other thread had a wild-type labelled as "marbled", which I scoffed at initially, but, actually, on reflection, it's a kind of cute description, and just as appropriate if you're a customer getting without much care for specific... labels. (So long as they care for it right!)

I really like speckly ones.

Pearl is a bit of a stretch though.

ebonykrow

Reaction score
I agree, naming the colouring isn't all that important for your average axie owner, but the worst part is that they specify that it's not leuscistic.

This was the reply I got after I asked how she was sure they were'nt leuscistic.

'they are bred from white albino parents, but they threw some spots, which prevents them from being albinos....they are white, with light colouring & black eyes...pures are white with red eyes & no colouring...i guess they dont have a name of their own...i breed luescistics also, which are pink/grey blotched, black eyes...hence why they are not lues either...cheers'

If they weren't insisting that they're something they're not it wouldn't have bothered me at all. Haha, oh well, I hope they all go to good homes.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Olive is a common coloring in Australia.

This guy probably had two albino adults who were differing forms of albino and had leucistic offspring. He just doesn't know enough about genetics to know that much. I don't see why someone would 'report' the posting, though. There's nothing wrong with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!