Live floating plants

tundrabadger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am reworking my 38 gallon because today I was doing a water change and I found a shocking amount of poop in this big fake pot thing that the girl's previous owner sold me along with the tank. Last straw, it was also taking up a lot of my floor space and while it worked as a hide sort of it wasn't great, i like a hide that they can enter and leave easy like, not one they have to shoot out the top of like a rocket. So I took that out, vacuumed up all the poop, rearranged the other decorations and started making plans for other stuff to do once the girls stop being mad at me for changing things. then I got to thinking....some kind of floating plant might be nice, I've got moss balls in both my tanks but I love to live plant and I don't like to use stuff that's rooted because I find the moss balls and fake plants on the other side of the tank with alarming regularity. Has anybody used something like that, and if so what kind?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back