The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 24th April 2008   #1
issac NEWTon

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: issac NEWTon has started on the right path
Default tank size for C. orientalis

ihave 2 orientalis in a 35gal tank, but the water is 6in high and the tank is 1/3 land, they never go on the land.the water section is 6in by 12in by 24in. i can move the glass divider, but dont really want to, is it ok or should i move it.

issac NEWTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008   #2
Jennewt
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

That gives you a total water volume of about 7-8 gallons. That is quite adequate for 2 C.o. Be sure to do the recommended crud-removal and partial water changes and they'll be fine.

Old 25th April 2008   #3
issac NEWTon

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: issac NEWTon has started on the right path

yea i figuered it would be big enough, actually the water area is bigger than a ten gal long(i think).i guess i just wanted to know if you all thought i should move it or not.

issac NEWTon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
orientalis, size, tank