Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Please Help infection / bump / ulcer axolotl

vaerie

Reaction score
I have a+- 1 years old axolotl and she have been like this for about 4 / 5 months ?
she doesnt seem sick, swimming well, eating well and her poop was normal
i feed her JBL axolotl pellet, clean cut shrimp and earthworms. I dont know the water parameter but im using cycled tank and clean the poop everyday using turkey baster
change the water 25% 4 days to 1 week

shes doing very well but the bumps keep getting bigger
Ive tried searching the whole forum but never seen something like this can anyone help?
Theres no vet in my country that can handle axolotl, and the water parameter test kit is so expensive.

Sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• S__15401117.jpg
    S__15401117.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 264
  • S__15401118.jpg
    S__15401118.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 222
  • S__15401119.jpg
    S__15401119.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 271

GeoludvikIV

Reaction score
Somewhere in the vicinity of "North America"
Looks like a skin irritation/ rash. The bump is only in that area, so it could be an infection or a tumor, either way something that I don't have experience with. Do you know of anything in your tank that could cause it? Like a paint or some object that isn't aquarium safe? you should also look for a "Herpetologist"; someone who studies amphibians, who can help you. Also, you don't have that bad of English.

Maybe some person more qualified can help with this, the best advice I can give is to try to find a single cause, and keep a close eye on her.

vaerie

Reaction score
thankyou for your reply

ive been on vacation for about 2 weeks and the bump getting a little bigger now but shes still doing well.
i think theres no object like that, its only water plants, some air pump with air stone and a hiding cave.

shes eating and activity like usual, her gills and tail still normal. What should i do? Should i do a teabath ?

KumquatSquats

Reaction score
you really need to get a water test kit to know if its water quality related or a tumor/infection

they last a long time so its worth the investment, shouldn't cost too much online for how many uses you get out of them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!