Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ziegleri's Crocodile Newt (Tylototriton Ziegleri) - New Vietnamese Species Discovered

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Hi all,

A friend emailed me a link that he thought would interest me and I must admit I find it fantastic! :D

A new species was recently be named as Ziegleri's Crocodile Newt (Tylototriton Ziegleri), named after a Professor Thomas Ziegler (Cologne Zoo, Germany). The species has been described as being "54 – 68mm of length in males and 71mm in females, with rough skin and tiny nodules and bone edge on the head." and were collected from Ha Giang and Cao Bang provinces in Vietnam.

New Tylototriton Species Discovered in Vietnam - Ziegleri's Crocodile Newt (Tylototriton Ziegleri)

Would be very interested in reading the Journals behind the discovery of this species (etc etc) so if anyone knows where to find them please let me know. :D

Kind Regards

TyloGuy

FrogEyes

Reaction score
Already posted in taxonomy.

I had hoped to go get the paper today, but between paperwork and vehicle maintenance, it seems to be delayed AGAIN :p

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Already posted in taxonomy.

I had hoped to go get the paper today, but between paperwork and vehicle maintenance, it seems to be delayed AGAIN :p

Hahah :L Well let me know when you do finally get it! Where do you get your journals from if you don't mind me asking? :)

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Frogeyes, Do you have the journal/publication to this species at all in the form of a PDF file? I would be interested in reading it :)

sergé

Reaction score
I have the pdf, send me a pm with your e-mail adress and I'll send it to you. It was regarded as T. asperrimus in the past. We saw and captured some in Vietnam a few years ago.

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
I have the pdf, send me a pm with your e-mail adress and I'll send it to you. It was regarded as T. asperrimus in the past. We saw and captured some in Vietnam a few years ago.

Awesome thank you Serge :) Shall PM you now then! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!