Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi from Minnesota!

hosengthao

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Ho-Seng from Chanhassen, Minnesota. I am interested in axolotls and will be rearing 5 larvae starting next week! I'm excited as this will be the first axolotls that I have ever owned. I have done most of my research from caudata.org and am confident that I can raise them right :) Thanks guys!

Ho-Seng

gfsward

Reaction score
Hi Ho-Seng!
I'm from MN too! I just got some axie eggs which are about to hatch! Welcome to Caudata :rolleyes:

hosengthao

Reaction score
Really? awesome! its nice to know i'm not the only on here haha. I just ordered some too they should be in soon. I thought they would be larvae at first but i realized that they were eggs so its cool i wouldn't mind the experience.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1