Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Aquarium Sand

Niitro iLLusioN

Reaction score
It's not to cloudy anymore but it's still a little, should be gone by tomorrow though. I'll send a picture of it when the cloudiness goes away. I couldn't believe how many rocks were in the sand before I sieved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skudo09

Reaction score
I know! So many rocks... that is a downside but it is perfect once sieved :) just takes a lot of effort. Glad it is settling :) Can't wait to see pics!

Niitro iLLusioN

Reaction score
168ba6fbdd27848a044d85a7a426e248.jpg
de2df0acfda94668c41df979af735a63.jpg
21fd10e9efeb7b1faa07a7c628470d88.jpg

Niitro iLLusioN

Reaction score
There are the photos ? the water has settled and the water is clear again. The sand looks great!! Thanks for your help ?

mizbek69

Reaction score
i bought aquarium sand from city farmers cost me $17 for a 5kg bag, needed 2 bags for my 4ft tank, I put it in when I first set my tank up so rinsed it a good 20 times until the water ran clear and then added it wet to the bottom of the tank, then filled my tank up with the hose, ran it down the edge of the glass so it didn't stir up to much, but as I said I did it from an empty tank. it did go a bit cloudy but was clear the next day :)
how did you end up going?

Niitro iLLusioN

Reaction score
You paid $17 for a 5kg bag where as I spent half the price and got a 20kg bag, that's why I baught play sand instead of aquarium sand. Read the rest of the forum to see how it went ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1