Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Helllp please he's turning purple

Aaliyahsutton

Reaction score
Help my golden alibino axolotl is turning purple! My poor baby his gills and part of his face is purple :( plus he's not eating that much I've given him pellets, shrimps even earthworms his favourite!!!! But he's not eating as much as he used to! I've attached some photo so you can see for yourself please someone tell what's wrong I'm getting very worried :(

Attachments

• IMG_8729.jpg
    IMG_8729.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_8722.jpg
    IMG_8722.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 498

Tarabull

Reaction score
Have you checked your water parameters? It looks like he's been burned. It could be high ammonia. I would move him out of the tank and put him in fresh water to see if it starts to look better. Make sure with that water you do daily changes to keep it clean. If he doesn't start to perk up then you should get a vet's opinion.

puzzle

Reaction score
回复: Re: Helllp please he's turning purple

I would start with a water test and see what things look like first. I suppose it could possibly be an injury. Perhaps he had a little axolotl freak out and zoomed into the edge of one of those sharp rocks?

Good luck with them!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!