Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl cut himself

Jelloaxolotl

Reaction score
My albino male axolotl has somehow cut himself on his hide. It looked a bit deep, but it has been healing very well. I removed his hide and bought a new one. My only concern is that it looks like there is a little blood spot under his skin. Just wondering if there is any way to get rid of it.

Purpletotodile

Reaction score
Is it a blood spot or does it look more like an irritation? If you can post a photo it would be pretty helpful. This "Blood spot" is likely a bruise, and it shouldn't cause any worry. What you are describing could also just be an irritation caused by the cut. It's probably a good idea to test your water for ammonia because ammonia can hinder the healing process of an injury, causing this spot you are describing. It's probably a good idea to do a water change too just to be safe. Ammonia burns are pretty easily healed after a couple water changes.
If it actually is a blood spot, time will heal it. Blood spots are essentially bruises, and just like a bruise on your leg it will disappear over the healing process. Hope I helped.

Jelloaxolotl

Reaction score
Here are the pics sorry for bad quality

Attachments

• IMG_3488.jpg
    IMG_3488.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 313
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!