The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 24th September 2019   #1
mybanana

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mybanana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help.!!! Axie looks infected.!!!

Hello Everyone! I am in desperate need of help!!! Iíve been out of town for a little over two weeks and had a friend staying over dog sitting and looking after my axies. Iíve got a Golden and a Lucy, and it appears that my Golden attacked my Lucy. My friend said her tail was all read and inflammed when he noticed it (it seems to have happened overnight) and progressively got worse. She also stopped eating and hasnít eaten anything in a little over a week. It looks infected and really bad and Iím afraid I might lose her. Any suggestions?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5951E111-47A1-499E-B333-A5C2F56399B5.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	458.4 KB
ID:	55987  

mybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019   #2
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Help.!!! Axie looks infected.!!!

I don't have a specific answer for you but I would like to refer you to these helpful articles on Health,
Treating wounds, and other medical issues.
Scroll down to "Health and Illness."

http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/articles.shtml

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Help.!!! Axie looks infected.!!!

How is this one going?

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote