The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 19th September 2019   #1
endip210

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: endip210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tail Chasing, Thrashing

Hi everyone. I have had my first axolotl, Xochi, for almost a month now, but so far I have had nothing but issues. Yesterday, however, she started frequently coming up for air, floating a bit, and then very violently thrashing around trying to bite her tail. I have absolutely no idea what the issue could be here as she just took a trip to the fridge this past weekend while I removed the substrate. Parameters look normal. My only possible guess might be parasites but I don't know how she would've ended up with them or what symptoms of parasites look like. I cannot seem to find anyone else having this issue and my own stress is increasing. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

endip210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Tail Chasing, Thrashing

What are the parameters? What water conditioner are you using?

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote