Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Please help

coltsfan1981

Reaction score
I have a sexually matured female about 10-12 ins long and shes about 10-11 months old i would guess.. so to make a long story short we got her from a pet store knowing nothing about axolotls AT ALL!! just got her thinking she was going to be an alpha and eat all my guppy babys .. man was i wrong and man did we find a new love. so we did looking up on this site and anytime we had a question we always came here .. Never had any problems until last week. I noticed her swimming a lot and went to check her. she looked fine just gills were redder then i liked . so looked it up and after reading did some water changes.. all was fine for a few days then all the sudden same thing.More water changes and everythings fine again.. couple more days pas and i notice this time her tail was super red and had a small hole in it? we started freaking out looking up what was wrong and cant find anything about her tail just a bunch of stuff about the water,we started a "nursery" tank ( a little 10 gal we had) dropped temp and shes been fine in it for about the past 24 hrs water is fine and she started eating again. but now i dont know what to do or what was wrong with her to begin with .. anyone know what going on with her?.. as of right now i am at work but i know since ive been here a while you guys are going to ask for pics and i will get them ..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!