Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Madagascar Hisser Problem!!! pls help!!

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
My dad bought me a pair of madagascar hissers yesterday a male and a female the male was eating yesterday and so did the female... i placed egg carton and newspaper but they hide in the egg carton ... it was inactive even it was in the shop ( they just placed a small amount of newspaper) , and yea when i took it home it was just staying in one place but can flip itself over..... so today i noticed it was inactive it was just on top of the egg crate for 3 hours already , attenae isnt moving.... i am misting their tank and provide lots of cotton balls with water... Whats wrong with them? Are they really inactive roaches?? it was night here already but it hasnt move on top of the egg crate..... are they still adapting to their new home and are they really inactive?? a few bites on food only degrees is 25 degree celsius, it was raining today and a humid weather ( cold and no rain) no sun came out so i guess the temp would be 18 degree celsius....25 degree celsius when there is sun. help pls!! it moves when i place it on my hand but when i place it in his tank it wasnt moving very much...

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Just leave the poor thing alone Jerome...
They are nocturnal and prefer to hide from the light. You bothering it constantly will only cause stress and prevent the animal from adapting.

levinas

Reaction score
Have you checked any care sheets for those? I thought they needed a higher temperature than 25 degrees.....

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
Just leave the poor thing alone Jerome...
They are nocturnal and prefer to hide from the light. You bothering it constantly will only cause stress and prevent the animal from adapting.
Thanks they were doing fine they were even eating, i placed a cotton ball for them too

thanks for the help :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1