Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What is a "Advanced member"?

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by Advanced Member. Do you mean the ability to post in the Advanced Topics sub forum? That is a moderated sub forum where all threads and posts may be subject to moderation, i.e., approved by moderators and administrators. To post in this area, the topic needs to be an advanced and substantial topic. Help questions and basic information questions should be posted in the 'Newt and Salamander Help' sub forum.

sde

Reaction score
We've created this section so that we can help people get hold of scientific papers that they wouldn't otherwise have access to. To prevent abuse of this service, only users who are members of the Advanced User Group can see attached papers. If you are not sure what that means, please read this thread for an explanation of Advanced Topics and Advanced Users (2 different but related things). One way to know if you are in the Advanced User Group is that you can post to the Advanced Section of the forum without the forum telling you that your post must be moderated before it will appear. The other way to determine your membership of the Advanced User Group is if you can successfully download the attached PDF file in this message (it's called Congratulations.pdf).

If anyone has copyright concerns please be aware that not only are these attachments not visible to the general public (actually this entire topic is not visible to unregistered people), the attachments are only available to download to users who have earned membership of the Advanced User Group. If you have a complaint about a particular paper, it can be removed by request. Papers are only available to individuals for their personal research use and are not sold/there is no commercial gain or transaction. As such, we are within the copyright requirements of most if not all journal sources.
Attached Files
pdf.gif
Congratulations.pdf (25.6 KB, 19 views)

Originally posted by John. I don't know how to make it a quote. The thread is called: FYI: Read before posting. It is in the Request an article section.

-Seth

Last edited by a moderator:

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought that our posts were moderated until your rep reaches a certain level, then you can post straight away in the advanced section. I think that's what the quote from John is referring to?

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Chinadog is correct and Seth, should you have read the links in the quote from John....you would not have needed to post your question.....

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, it's interesting reading Seth, apparently once your rep reaches advanced status you can choose from a list of titles like Salamander commander, Shrimp pimp, Lord of the dance, Ghost buster, Master of the universe, Nanook of the north, etc, etc, to appear below your user name! ;)

sde

Reaction score
I did read the link, but i didn't understand. Maybe i missed something. Or just should have paid closer attention. :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1