Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Echinotriton andersoni

TJ

Reaction score
Juvies:

21325.jpg

21326.jpg

TJ

Reaction score
Larvae pics (and pretty lousy ones as that
sad.gif
)

21332.jpg

21333.jpg

21334.jpg

The above three pics are all of the same CB larvae (which is not mine).

H

henk

Yep, shoioting through glass is not always evident, certainly not when it is not totally clean, but still Tim, quite interesting to see the shots anyway (how many of us have the opportunity to see those specimens ??

TJ

Reaction score
Hi Henk. I've been using these plastic clear cases for photos these days. They're sold as individual figurine display cases. Just forgot to bring one with me yesterday.

21397.jpg

Well, it's not common to see E,andersoni here either these days as they've disappeared from all the shops after their protective status was expanded to cover their whole range. There are very few people that I'm aware of that are involved in captive breeding.

Adult:

21398.jpg

J

jesper

Eh, you guys should have a look at my photos taken through glass they are amazing(ly bad), these are really good I think =)
Yours, or do they belong to one of your many japanese friends Tim?

TJ

Reaction score
If they were mine, I wouldn't admit it as I'm unsure about the legality of keeping this species these days, but since they're truly not, I have no problem in saying they're not mine
lol.gif
These adults from Tokunoshima Island were acquired some years before the ban went into affect.

21401.jpg

H

henk

Georgeous little dragons, I have some shots on those too, will post them later. They are very slowmoving and quite easy to shoot... just not easy to find
proud.gif

T

travis

Just came across this thread for the first time. Beautiful animals and great pictures.
Did you ever get any more pictures or breeding information from your friend? I remember you mentioning you would be posting that sometime awhile back.
Thanks,
Travis

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1