The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 11th November 2008   #1
OZIRIS
(OZIRIS)
Asian Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 2
Rep: OZIRIS has given good advice and informationOZIRIS has given good advice and informationOZIRIS has given good advice and information
Default Weather changes

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt that could sound strange. My C.orientalis aren't in the water today, since I have had them, the autumm has come and it helped me to enter them into water because the temperature went down.

But this week, the temperature has risen few degrees and the air humidity is 40-50 %, Could this affect my newts? I think they are very sensitive with weather changes, anyway , they have eaten today, even out the water, so they look OK. Maybe they are uncomfortable with this conditions.

I hope a change in the weather soon, this low humidity is uncomfortable for me too.

Has anybody noticed something strange related with weather too?

Old 12th November 2008   #2
OZIRIS
(OZIRIS)
Asian Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 2
Rep: OZIRIS has given good advice and informationOZIRIS has given good advice and informationOZIRIS has given good advice and information
Default Re: Weather changes

Then, nothing strange with weather??

I must be going crazy...

Old 12th November 2008   #3
newtons13

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: newtons13 has shown reliable knowledgenewtons13 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Weather changes

Hello!

I am no expert, nor do I have that kind of newt, but if they like cooler water, and the water warmed up, then maybe they are happier out of it. Also, if it is that humid, maybe the air alone is wet enough to keep them moist and happy.

Eesh, I'm sorry you have to deal with that humidity right now. Maybe it will rain and lessen. = )

Good luck!

~rachel

newtons13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weather