Asking for European amphibian stores

Y

yago

Well, probably a lot of people keep travelling around Europe, and some time you would like to visit some amphibian shops. I would like to know and share the best amphibian&reptile stores in Europe and surely some people would like to. In Barcelona doesn’t exist yet a great shop on amphibians. The best one is one called Reptilmania (close to Centro Glories), they have a good assortment of life food and they have sometimes newts. This year I have seen a.mexicanum, a.tigrinum, t.granulosa, c.orientalis, c.ensiscauda ensiscauda, necturus (the owner kept them
sad.gif
)…
I hope to hear from others
Best wishes

Pet shops in Rome and Italy hardly ever have "interesting" amphibian species.You only find the usual cynops,pachytriton,paramesotriton,a. tigrinum and axolotls.If you want to buy salamanders you have to go to Ahm(I don't know if the spelling is right) or to Jersfeld that are both in Germany.

that's Hamm, not Ahm!:)
in Italy there's only one herp-shop that sometimes sells interesting amphibians (Tylototriton, Plethodon...)...but he owner goes to Germany to buy these specimens, so the price is not so good...
bye
leo

In south England, 'interesting' in my nearest shops is pachytriton, paramesotriton, notophthalmus, cynops, tylototriton and salamandra. I have never seen axolotls in a herp store, but only once or twice in a fish store.
Personally though, I wouldn't buy anything but the hardiest/hardest to get species from my local shops, the husbandry is not too good...
Chris

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back