Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Seattle reptile expo

sde

Reaction score
Anyone else going to the Reptile expo in Renton on May 9th? I will be there. There will be some axolotls, but I am hoping there will be some other Caudate species as well.
It was a blast last year, and I got some Salamandra.

BabySinclair

Reaction score
Do you think I would be able to find some Taricha Granulosa?? I'm looking for a copper or purple axolotl too, but mostly those adorable Newts :)). If you think I can find those, Then I'm goin! Lol

I never thought these critters would be so addictive:eek: :D :crazy: :p:p

Kaosu

Reaction score
I really want to go..not sure If I will make it but fingers crossed!

sde

Reaction score
Do you think I would be able to find some Taricha Granulosa?? I'm looking for a copper or purple axolotl too, but mostly those adorable Newts :)). If you think I can find those, Then I'm goin! Lol

I never thought these critters would be so addictive:eek: :D :crazy: :p:p

No, odd of there being any Taricha is very small. Firstly, only the native species is legal to keep in this state, and it is against the expo rules to sell illegal species. And secondly, it is also against the expo rules to sell native species. As for the axolotls, I know there will be a vendor selling axolotls, but I am not sure if they will have coppers or purples.
Here is a list of the vendors Northwest Reptile Expos – Seattle Vendor List
A LOT more addictive than you would think indeed!

I really want to go..not sure If I will make it but fingers crossed!

Okay, hopefully you can!

sde

Reaction score
The expo is tomorrow! I will be there toward the start.
There are now two vendors who I know will be selling Axolotls, and the guy I bought my Salamandra ssp. from last year will be there again too, so he will hopefully have some more.

sde

Reaction score
The expo was awesome!
The guy who I got my Salamandra from was listed as a vendor last time I checked, but apparently changed his mind because he wasn't vending.
I thought the axolotls that were for sale were high priced, the lowest price for a sub adult wildtype was $30, and small wildype juveniles that looked like they had just gotten their back legs were $20.
However, I did find some CB juvenile Hypselotriton orientalis for $4 each! I got 6 total, they are aquatic and at least two have already eaten.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1