PLEASE HELP dead black worms killing axolotl?

BrooklynD

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have been feeding my 2in axolotls black worms, and I told my brother to put them back into the fridge once I was done. Well instead of doing that, he put them in the freezer! So I let them thaw, and they all died. I was wondering if the dead ones would be toxic to my axolotls? I have been cutting up pellets and trying to get them onto those but they aren't a big fan as I guessed. I gave them the dead ones the other day and they still ate them. I keep the worms in a container with shallow water in the fridge and I checked today and the water was all dark red and I wouldn't even see the worms through it. The worms have turned like off white now but I can't go pick up some blood worms till tomorrow. Will they be okay to eat them still?

I wanna make sure before I feed them the. Black worms. Also, if I feed them blood worms tomorrow which I'm planning to, will their growth rate still be good? Thanks xx

Do not feed them these dead blackworms.
Wait till tomorrow and then feed them their new food. They'll be fine. At 2'' you could start to offer them cut up pieces of earthworm. Once my larvae moved onto earthworm, they really started to grow :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back