Shedding

R

raoul

My crocodile newts are looking a bit sad, spending most of their time out of water, sluggish and one in particular refusing food (the male). Any ideas ????

At what temperature are you keeping them? Are you doing regular water changes? Are you keeping water flow in the tank to a minimum?

18 to 20 degrees water, changed recently,one small water filter minimum flow. Filter half out of water forming the mildest waterfall ever. There is a moderate build-up of detritus at the bottom of the tank(for my asellus & plants). The male has not eaten for some time, are there any ways of convincing him to eat?

Are you sure it's not a bit colder than that? I never keep mine below 20 degrees Celsius. I've never seen a Tylototriton verrucosus refuse food completely. Something is seriously wrong there. Is he skinny? I say raise the temperature and make sure the tank water is decent and then try him. What have you been feeding them?

temp was adjusted but came home today to find one dead, white fungal infection it looks like. What emergency measures can I take. I thought salt baths. One looks completely unfaized while the male seems to have developed a little white on his mouth. I have never felt this powerless, I regret that I am not as concientious a keeper as I had thought.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back