Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New, in Arizona

MBerry85

Reaction score
Hello people!

I'm new to Axolotls and have been lurking on various forums and groups to absorb info and learn from other people's experiences. I finally convinced my husband that we need an Axolotl (or three...) in our lives. My kids are excited, because they've never seen anything like them before. I'll be picking up my first babies this weekend, and I'm super excited to get to know these guys. I don't know if I'll eventually dip into breeding or not, but I'm leaving my options open.

Most of my animal experience is the furry kind: I used to raise rabbits, and it was always fun and interesting to see how the genetics played out, and to send owners home with a new companion and it's "care kit" to get them started. I have also been involved in some dog rescue, and trained for 15+ years both as a job, and as a hobby, focusing mainly on working dogs. Obviously Axolotls will be very different than what I'm used to, but I'm looking forward to the challenge and learning all I can about these guys!

I will probably lurk more than anything, but thought it was appropriate that I do some sort of introduction post. :)

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! It's always great to do your research before you get an animal. That being said, don't wait forever! I wish you the best!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!