Do axolotl sing?

Mariss

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had an African Dwarf Frog that started making a high-pitched singing sound after we had him for about a year. Now, there is a similar sound coming from the axolotl tank! Is this a thing? It stops when I get close to the tank, but I can hear it throughout the house.

I never heard of axies singing. Sometimes a newt/sal might make a chirp when they want something to eat.

I've heard mine chirp, I thought I was going crazy at first until it happened when I was in the same room, they came up to the top like they were getting air and I heard the tiniest little Squeak/Chirping noise!
I heard it a lot more when mine were tiny babies but i've heard it once or twice more recently too so at least one of them likes to talk :D

Mine makes clicking sounds when it's eating

Can you take a recording? I'm intrigued. My guess would be there's crickets or frogs hiding near the tank lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back