Laoensis eggs!

Sorry for the off-topic once again but I just wanted to add that I putted my female outside with other kind of egg laying plants the water is truly more colder like some 3ºC difference. It´s night here... Let´s see if I wake up early with some surprise...:D
If not success after third night I am thinking in get her out of there and place her in the same set-up were she tried to lay. Witch plants do you guys had success with. I may order some and try...:happy: Their origin is Chinese border with Vietnam I guess its a bit could for her...

AW: Re: Laoensis eggs!

...Witch plants do you guys had success with. I may order some and try...:happy: Their origin is Chinese border with Vietnam I guess its a bit could for her...
My laoensis love Cryptocoryne aponogetifolia for laying their eggs! The deloustali are not so specialized.
But I think, P. guangxiensis never was bred until now!
I would prefer the temperature of successfull mating, and ..... give her time!

Paul

No eggs yet...
Oh really nice I have that plant! I will put her there with them! I have Valisnerias gigantea that are really really like them and no eggs... Well she may not be prepared. I will give her some time..
Guangxiensis were never breed? Exciting! Hope to be able to give away fisrt CB´s of those! (Just speculation)
I will let her there for more 2 nights them back to her place.
Cheers, and thanks

well the first eggs to be laid are developing!......ihave about 60 now, she hasn't laid any since last nigjht though.

AW: Re: Laoensis eggs!

Yesterday I made this photo!
I changed 2/3 of the water (12:00). So the temperature goes from 15°C to 13 °C.
I made the photo three hours after water change!

Paul

Attachments

• 01090015-p_l-b.JPG
    01090015-p_l-b.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 504
hehehe. Congrats Paul!! Chapter number 1000! :D
Will you be at Gersfeld or any other meeting in 2010?
Cheers.

Cool to see yours are at it too!..actually, i'm pretty sure mine have stopped now as she hasn't laid eggs since last friday. I have about 60 eggs.i'd have liked more but am happy to get these anyway. I'll have to see what happens with them and cross my fingers that i get at least a few morphs as i want to boost my groups numbers a bit.
The eggs are developing nicely and are proper little larvae now!

Just a quick line to let you know that i have 45 ish fertile eggs, all on the verge of hatching with 12 already hatched!....oldest are about 1 week old

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back