Question: Green fingers

I finally got a good picture now he is sitting still. So is this colouring normal? and if its because my axie is sexually mature how old does that make him? (its actually a she and her name is socks)

Attachments

• Photo0364.jpg
    Photo0364.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 161
his feet look normal to me but i would wait for someone with more experience. i cant tell by your photo if it is a boy or a girl, you will have to take a photo between his/her back legs. if there is a large bump it is a boy and if it is a small bump it is a girl.

She is definately a girl she has hardly any bump at all. The black areas on her fingers have only just appeared since i got her so if its a sexual maturity thing then its only just happened. Can anyone tell me what age they usually sexually mature?

She is definately a girl she has hardly any bump at all. The black areas on her fingers have only just appeared since i got her so if its a sexual maturity thing then its only just happened. Can anyone tell me what age they usually sexually mature?

Not sure. My 6-7 inch GFPs have the black toe tips but my other 2 (who are larger and more than a year old), have much more noticeable black toes. I think it varies. But I doubt that there is cause for concern.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back