Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl surgery?

mewsie

Reaction score
FANTASTIC!

I've thought of him every now and then since the saga, and I am so SO happy to hear he is fully functioning and well.

Ahhhh... I feel like I have closure now!

munchbunch

Reaction score
What a fantastic outcome! Your dedication to Neptune has ended with the best results possible. You're an inspiration to all of us axolotl owners! :D

Bren

Reaction score
The vet used dissolvable standard sutures....they were purple, and took about 4 months to dissolve (and his wound to heal.) Now you can barely even make out his surgery scar!

We are still awaiting hatching.... eggs have been transferred into separate containers. So far, so good. :proud:
And I'm hatching brine shrimp eggs to feed the wee little ones when they hatch...

Roxy

Reaction score
wow I am new to this forum and have only just read your thread. What an amazing journey u and Neptune have been on. He is so lucky to have many dedicated and talented people around him! Best of luck with the babies.

cuteaxolotl

Reaction score
WOW! your story was really serious, im so glad your axolotl made it through...never knew there was surgery for these lil guys but those are some dedicated vets, hats off to them! Im so happy your axie is ok, and thank you for sharing this, it has taught me a valuable lesson. Hope hes in great fit conditions...brave lil soul :D

Bren

Reaction score
Update on Neptune's babies: 96 eggs hatched. At 10 days old, we have 81.

They are simply adorable & I will take some pictures to post soon!

Sarasaurs

Reaction score
Bren,

Thats amzing! Congrats to you and Neptune and its great to hear he's doing well. Give him extra blood worms tonight for me to say congrats and well done for being a father.:love:
Sarah

P.S I bet the axey babies are really cute!

sherrisixxx

Reaction score
I'm smiling so much...what a wonderful story of a lucky axie and a lovely owner and a great vet. Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing this.

hdonahue

Reaction score
Aww what a touching and gut-wrenching post!! It was the most suspensful thing I've ever read ahhh! Bren, Neptune is so lucky to have you! I'm so glad he made it and is now a daddy!! What a great read!! Thanks for all the pictures and the uplifting story!

Truly inspirational about a little auxie with the will to live and a loving mom!:rolleyes:

Bren

Reaction score
So I thought I'd post some pictures. First, of Neptune, so you can see how well his surgery scar has healed. In the first picture, you can see a diagonal white line in his side....that's the scar.

And I should add that the 2nd picture features "rocks" that he can eat: sinking carnivore pellets. : )

Next: a few of the pictures of the babies. Most of the larger ones are regular colored; there are golden ones (which have been separated out due to size.) There also appears to be an "albino" possibly, not sure yet. Hatching brine shrimp non-stop!

And the last picture is of Neptune with Marian, the love of his life. Soon he'll be returning back to college with her.

Attachments

• 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Albino baby.jpg
    Albino baby.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 473
  • bigger reg babies.jpg
    bigger reg babies.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 231
  • Neptune and Jimmy's babies 1.jpg
    Neptune and Jimmy's babies 1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Neptune loves Marian.jpg
    Neptune loves Marian.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 212

jellybubby88

Reaction score
This is a very touching story!I
I just wanna say I really do wish there was more people out there like you.
All the best for your family in the future <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!