Cynops cyanurus setup

Willlis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Keith
Here are some pictures of my first attempt at a full fledged Cynops cyanurus setup. I was doing a water change and decided to take some pictures. I would love to get your thoughts. Obviously its going to take some time before the plants fill in some more but I think its fun to watch that happen. The tank is only a week old. The newts seem to approve.

willlis-albums-general-picture21844-cynops-cyanurus.jpg

willlis-albums-general-picture21845-cynops-cyanurus.jpg

Wow! Looks good! It looks similar to a shrimp setup i had, but with a full tank and no wood! :p

nice, but I would add many more plants. You could use floaters such as Elodea or hornwort. The newts will love it and it will help prevent algae outbreaks

If you look in the bottom right corner you will see some elodea sp. but I agree I need to pick up some more plants still. Added some cuttings from an amazon sword tonight and did some changes. I'll post a new picture soon.

Well they started laying eggs. I found about 10 in the cage tonight, just not sure if I want to pull and raise them right now. I still have a good 25+ N. kaiseri larvae going plus my I. alpestris look like they are going to lay and I'm still holding out hope for the Tylos. Too many newt babies!:D

If you look in the bottom right corner you will see some elodea sp. but I agree I need to pick up some more plants still. Added some cuttings from an amazon sword tonight and did some changes. I'll post a new picture soon.

Looks like the native stuff. Elodea canadensis

Yes it is the native stuff thanks.

Thought maybe I should put up a FTS, though I really should have cleaned the glass. Oh well :eek: I'll try again sometime.

Haha, too many newt babies. Hope they don't have guns in their hands this time.

See you've addes some Pistia stratiotes. Really love those. Congratulations with the eggs!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back