Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Laotriton laoensis

mr cyclone

Reaction score
I picked up animals from two breeders at Gersfeld 2 of the smaller ones died from 1 breeder but I still have these beauties.
I have also raised 1 from egg that morphed but is really small and hardly eats and is quite problematic I have found these animals to be very pretty on the eye but particularly slow to raise and tricky to say the least , I can't wait for them to go aquatic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 871

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love how disproportionate baby Laotriton look with their massive heads, a bit like T. verrucosus, only more so. Mind you, I saw some adults recently and they were pretty impressive as well, its a shame they are so nocturnal.
Good luck with them mate! :)

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Cheers mate this is my Second go at them .once they go aquatic I will be buying a new tank to house them in. I'll post back with an update

Roygbiv

Reaction score
So any us people's foresee some eggs any time soon any projects lined up? Would love to hear about it and follow....

dutch guy

Reaction score
I picked up animals from two breeders at Gersfeld 2 of the smaller ones died from 1 breeder but I still have these beauties.
I have also raised 1 from egg that morphed but is really small and hardly eats and is quite problematic I have found these animals to be very pretty on the eye but particularly slow to raise and tricky to say the least , I can't wait for them to go aquatic
Hi,mate
What a beauty's, i've seen pic's of this beautifull specie from Niels and Andre-Arthur on newt and salamanders.
When Cliff whas here, he said, this is a newt for Marianne, reading your threat i understand why.
Cheers.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn OZZY met Tapatalk

ntny

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
Does your Laotriton laoensis eats meal worms?
i normally feed them chopped earthworms and live tubifex worms
i just tried feeding meal worms.a few times. they didn't take it.
my Tylototriton verrucosus takes almost any worms i threw at them.
cheers!

ntny

Reaction score
hello folks
just to share. i tried feeding gut loaded freshly molted mealworms today
and yes they do eat them finally.
i guess it takes a while for them to get use to the smell?
cheers!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!