Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How feeding Echinotriton andersoni.

freves

Reaction score
This is only the second time that I have ever done this so bear with me... The first pic is of the E. andersoni enclosure. The second one is of a few of the andersoni (which I had to pull out and pose). The third pic is of my T. kweichowensis enclosure which is in serious need of it's yearly partial substrate replacement. Please note that I have never once bragged about my photography skills.

Attachments

• Misc 212.jpg
    Misc 212.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 363
  • Misc 214.jpg
    Misc 214.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 556
  • Misc 215.jpg
    Misc 215.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 672

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with your photography skills mate.You are a lucky guy having these rare animals,if you have any info of temperatures or how you change the seasons for them?,what kind of temperature range are they kept at.I only ask out of curiosity and you are the only person on here who keeps them mate so your knowledge is gold.Pictures are great keep them coming!!!!

freves

Reaction score
I keep them in my salamander room which generally stays around 68 F during the summer. On some days it will rise to the lower 70's. During the winter I have only been able to decrease the temperature by about 10 degrees on most days, which in my opinion may explain my lack of breeding with many of the tylo's in general. I recently read that E. andersoni like it somewhat warmer however that is all of the information that was stated. I appreciate the photography compliments however I generally lead a very busy life and do not have a lot of time for taking pics. How are yours doing?
Chip

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
This is only the second time that I have ever done this so bear with me... The first pic is of the E. andersoni enclosure. The second one is of a few of the andersoni (which I had to pull out and pose). The third pic is of my T. kweichowensis enclosure which is in serious need of it's yearly partial substrate replacement. Please note that I have never once bragged about my photography skills.

As Mr Cyclone said there's nothing wrong with your photography skills! Least your photos trun out in focus mine mostly never do! lol
Gorgeous set ups and fantastic specimens though! I am jealous of you having these guys, your really lucky! :) What plants did you use for them mate? is that a Pothos?

Niels D

Reaction score
They look better now, so you're doing a good job. When I saw the andersoni's on Dartfrog I allready mourned their deaths. Luckily you've managed to fatten them up a bit. They're so incredibly wicked!

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
They look better now, so you're doing a good job. When I saw the andersoni's on Dartfrog I allready mourned their deaths. Luckily you've managed to fatten them up a bit. They're so incredibly wicked!

Hahaha Niel its a different group of Echinotriton from a different user :) the original user who posted this thread has commented since he asked how many lobworms to feed.. But i do agree that Freves's Echinotriton are great specimens!

Last edited:

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
I really want to know if these poor animals passed away or actually managed to pull through! Anyone heard anything?

browbli

Reaction score
I've kept andersoni for several years now. I will say that they do need to have a higher temp during their summer months (close to 80F).

zerono10

Reaction score
回复: How feeding Echinotriton andersoni.

They are still alive

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!