Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Light coloured Alpine

rigsby

Reaction score
Been keeping an eye on this one for a while now, its so much lighter coloured than the rest of last years brood and the stripe down the back is orange. Compair it to the rest.
Picture141.jpg

junior and mother.

Picture140.jpg

feeding time

Picture139.jpg

close up

Picture138.jpg

with mother again

Picture137.jpg

from a distance.
The photo's don't really show the true colour but you can get some sort of idea.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
That´s a beautiful animal. What subespecies are they? I think i recall seeing some pics of lightly coloured apuanus. Anyway that´s a stunner.

louise

Reaction score
Nice pics Ian. I have a lighter coloured one in the group you gave me, but mine are still terrestrial.

rigsby

Reaction score
They're from the same breeding but this one decided to stay in the water and grew much faster.

Reaction score
Yes I had 1 or 2 lightly colored M. a. apuanus in my group I raised last year. They have maintained their light colors at over a year old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewaver

Reaction score
Cool... those bright/pale colours reminds me to apuanus pattern too. Really interesting to see that it is possible to keep CAPTIVE BREEDING inexpectatus.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1