Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

strange daphnia

georgecrow

Reaction score
hi just wondered if anyone could say what these are.bought some daphnia for axie babies and in the tank amongst the daphnia i now see several of these things that look like tiny transparent seahorses .they are same length as my axies that have just hatched and hang verrtically in the water ,they have little black eyes and seem to swim or move their tail up and down to move.sorry if this is something really obvious and im just ignorant but they look too cute for food

russell

Reaction score
hi just wondered if anyone could say what these are.bought some daphnia for axie babies and in the tank amongst the daphnia i now see several of these things that look like tiny transparent seahorses .they are same length as my axies that have just hatched and hang verrtically in the water ,they have little black eyes and seem to swim or move their tail up and down to move.sorry if this is something really obvious and im just ignorant but they look too cute for food
They could be artemia (brine shrimp) is this one?

georgecrow

Reaction score
thanks to you both,definitely not brine shrimp but could be the ghost fish larvae although mine look cuter .thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!